Wednesday, July 2, 2008

First post, of many (I promise)

So, many of you have given me bunk that I wasn't very good about updating my Lost blog. I intend to continue with that one as soon as new spoilers, etc are available.

Until then, my friends we have new things to celebrate! The upcoming birth of KJ's twins- of course! But even better, the new 90210!

Ahhh...the brilliance of Rob Thomas, no not the lead singer of Matchbox 20, but the man who gave us Veronica Mars. Rob was so brilliant to revive the best series of the 90's. I have to say I was somewhat shocked by the announcement. Probably noone was more shocked than the old cast, who then scrambled to be part of the show.

The immediate front runner was Jennie Garth, the recent darling of "Dancing with the Stars". Allegedly Rob really wanted her and constructed a whole part for her where should be a fashion teacher at West Beverly. As a purist, I was horrified. Old Kelly Taylor may have wanted to be a fashion teacher, but the Kelly that evolved through the series, the psychology major, would've wanted to do more for the community.(Granted, Kelly did evolve to be a drug addict, model, part-time lesbian) Needless to say, I was very happy when I heard that in the rewrite, our Kelly Taylor will instead be the guidance counselor. Yes, more appropriate.

Tori Spelling and Ian Ziering have also been DESPERATE to get on this show. So far, sounds like Tori will make a couple appearances. She was initially supposed to be in the pilot, but that has been pused back because she recently gave birth to Stella Doreen (that's a tough tag, eh) No luck yet for Steve Sanders.

However, BIG breaking news- Shannen Doherty is in negotiations! Wow

How much do you all know about the new show? I borrowed from Wikipedia- just easier

"90210 looks at life through the eyes of Annie Mills (Shenae Grimes) and her brother Dixon (Tristan Wilds), whose first day at West Beverly Hills High School leaves no doubt they're not in Kansas anymore. The Mills family, including dad Harry (Rob Estes) and mom Debbie (Lori Loughlin), has relocated to Beverly Hills to keep an eye on Harry's mother Tabitha (Jessica Walter), a feisty-but-faded former television star and a charter member of the Betty Ford Clinic. For Annie and Dixon, the awkwardness of being the new kids is made worse by the fact that their dad has taken a job as the high school principal. The school is one big culture shock for Annie, a sweet and friendly girl with a passion for the theater, and Dixon, a star athlete and scholar who was adopted by the Mills family after they took him in as a foster child. Annie and Dixon have a close sibling relationship, which they'll need to help them cope with all the new cliques and classmates, including Naomi (AnnaLynne McCord), a hot, spoiled, rich girl; Ethan (Dustin Milligan), a popular jock whose abilities rival Dixon's; Navid (Michael Steger), an aspiring reporter who heads up the school's daily newscast; and Silver (Jessica Stroup), a rebel who produces and stars in a YouTube-type video series. Even the faculty seems hip and sophisticated at WBHHS, such as smart and funny teacher Ryan Matthews (Ryan Eggold) and beautiful guidance counselor Kelly Taylor (guest star Jennie Garth). The Mills family has just begun to realize how much their lives are about to change.

If you haven't watched it yet, check out this kind of cheesy trailer.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNDQYPjNYgQ

Let's Discuss- come on you all know we are a special club- graduates of '95 and '99, this was our show- will we love this one as much?

5 comments:

Gretchen said...

Okay, I have been so psyched about this and am so glad I'm not alone. It's not sad for a 31-year-old to be watching is it? I'm so glad some of the old cast will be returning. I have to roll my eyes at the whole foster child/adoption thing. Can they pile more issues and angst into it from the get-go?

Natalie said...

it's not only amazing because of the return of one of the highlights of our high school tv watching years, but even the casting of the parents brings me back. Lori Loughlin, of Full House fame will be a welcome addition to the 9-0 family as will Rob Estes of Silk Stalking fame. Remember that little gem on USA. Wow, all of my cheesy tv dreams are coming true. Now, if they could just make a modern version of Golden Girls perhaps starring Bette Midler as Blanche, Diane Keaton as Dorothy, Betty White as Rose (she's still kicking around), and maybe Joy Behar as the feisty italian grandma. Sure she's younger than the rest but so was Estelle Getty.

Anonymous said...

As I was reading about the new characters, I did notice many parallels to the oldie-but-goodie 9-0 (i.e. a news hound, a video-cam hound, etc.). I am dying to watch and hoping to love! I am also excited about the parent casting (Mr. Estes!!). Cheers to giving past favorites another chance!

Gretchen said...

And definitely a shout-out to name the girl video-cam hound "Silver" after David Silver, perchance?!

BUT I have to say I doubt it'll have the same somethin'-somethin' that the original had...sigh...

T. said...

Can we please have a 90210 marathon watch party before the new series starts?? I think this would be a lot of fun!