Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Uh Oh

From my friend Perez Hilton

The CW released a statement on Monday announcing that they won't be sending critics any advance screeners to review of their special premiere of the new 90210.
In other words, the two-hour premiere will not be seen by anyone beforehand.
The show must suck if they're not giving out screeners for reviews.
That's a bad sign!
The statement read, “The CW and our studio partner CBS Paramount Network Television have made the strategic marketing decision not to screen ‘90210’ for any media in advance of its premiere."
And they seemed to want to emphasize the following, "We're not hiding anything . . . simply keeping a lid on 90210 until 9.02, riding the curiosity and anticipation into premiere night, and letting all our constituents see it at the same time.”
Or could they just be hiding that it sucks?
Either way, we'll be tuning in to watch the premier.


I've recently been starting to get nervous- like this might all blow up!

Now, you all know I love tv, and so do you- admit it!

But, do the rest of you find that as "adults", it's really hard to keep up with shows! Even with DVRs and TiVos- I'm actually panicking at the thought of trying to watch How I Met your Mother, Big Bang Theory, Ugly Betty, The Office, My Name is Earl, Heroes, Lost, Gossip Girl, 9.02, ANTM, and whatever else I've forgotten
(Sorry, Gretchen- I'm trying to let go of The Hills. But when the marathon is on, I'll be tied to it I'm sure)

What are you all addicted to?

***I forgot my all time favorite show- the Amazing Race- I like to pretend in my head that I could go on this show, but the sleep deprivation on a sidewalk in India would do me in....

8 comments:

Gretchen said...

Okay, okay, I know The Hills is not everyone's style...I love your entire list save Ugly Betty. Can't stand the show. And add in Brothers & Sisters. Balthazar Getty. Yum. And yes, a little scary about the non-release. Guess we'll have to wait and see!

H said...

I've actually been pretty close to deciding to drop Ugly Betty and I do enjoy Brothers and Sisters, when I am attempting to fall asleep on Sunday nights!

T. said...

The Office, 30 Rock, Heroes, 24, Lost, Mad Men. And American Idol. And Iron Chef. And Jeopardy, even though I can't stand Alex Trebek.

I was into HIMYM for awhile, but then I lost interest about halfway through the latest season. It was also too much on Monday nights what with Heroes and then 24 finally coming back...

I've also recently discovered a funny travel/drinking show called Three Sheets. It's on the Mojo Network, I'm not sure where it's available, but we watched it at our friends house and got hooked. I usually don't learn about shows till the second season!

T. said...

here's the link to the Three Sheets show...

http://www.mojohd.com/mojoseries/threesheets/

H said...

Posting for Natalie:
okay, my tv show addictions. In the spirit of open and honest communication, i'm going to lay it all out there and judgment be damned!!!! i'm gonna put a list including old school, new school, and even some cult favorites and even if you mock me, you kind of love them too:

Golden Girls
Facts of Life
Bev Hills 90210
American Idol
the Apprentice
my life on the D list
shear genius
flipping out
desperate housewives of nyc
the soup
denise richards: it's complicated
dines, drive ins, and dives
dr. phil
america's got talent
amazing race
the cut
the next food network star
the next design star
ANTM
the O.C.
Veronica Mars
Boston Legal
Grey's Anatomy
Private Practice
and of course the biggest reality show of them all: the Olympics

T. said...

what is this ANTM?!?

Gretchen said...

America's Next Top Model. I've watched from the beginning and am looking forward to the new season. Does anyone know when that starts?

BTW, Theresa, you weren't actually UP at 4:02AM were you? And if you were, why the heck were you checking blogs?!

Gretchen said...

Nevermind. I see it says 4:54 for me. Guess we're on west coast time!