Friday, November 28, 2008

Ghosts, Spirits, and things that go bump in the night

I've always enjoyed, while also being slightly terrified of, the paranormal. I'm always fascinated by those mediums who can tell "who" is around you- and I've always wondered who would be there. (I guess probably my favorite aunt, Marie, who always helps me get great parking spaces especially at the mall!) As a kid, I was kind of obsessed with the show "Unsolved Mysteries", while also getting nightmares from many of the episodes. I'm home tonight, watching some t.v., and I'm watching "Ghost Whisperer". I think I've only watched this show one other time. I have to say, it's pretty good. I believe Stacey may be a fan as well. (I should always know, Stacey picks the great shows; Veronica Mars, Buffy, Project Runway, and so many more.) I've been prejudiced against this show because it bumped a personal favorite of Stacey and myself off the air, the fabulous Joan of Arcadia. I also find Jennifer Love Hewitt mildly annoying and too pretty, etc. I guess she was handpicked for this role by the big medium, James Van Praag who the show is based on. The show just had a big twist (that I won't reveal here just in case) but in the vein of the Fast Forward on Desperate Housewives and the Flash Backs and Forwards on Lost, with it being a big change that added something interesting to the show.
I guess I could add another Supernatural themed show to tonights blog. FRINGE!
This is a new show that I've been really enjoying, although I will admit that I sometimes watch it with one eye closed. I know that Mommy Esq. also enjoys. I really have always loved anything by J.J. Abrams (Felicity, Alias, Lost- amazing) The Boston/Massachusetts/New England based stuff definitely adds to my interest in this show. It's nice to see Joshua Jackson, Pacey, back in action.
Any other paranormal shows I should be watching?

2 comments:

Nancy said...

We've been enjoying Ghost Hunters. Which is documentary-like. It follows two guys who started it up as they go to places that claim hauntings. They go at it trying to DEBUNK all of these, but get a huge charge if they can't debunk things. I've been meaning to post about it freakin' me out for a while now ;)

Stacey said...

You know me too well! I do watch Ghost Whisperer but also under protest because of Joan of Arcadia. I have to say, I hate the new storyline. I said in my blog that if they killed off Jim I would stop watching. Well, they kind of didn't because he's still there. Hate! Fringe is top of my list, very X-Files. I watch some Sci-Fi shows that you would hate.