A cook, I am not. I wish I enjoyed cooking, I really do. I'm just not an experimenter when it comes to dishes, and I'm sure my indifference towards cooking stems from my ADD when working in the kitchen and my loathing for cleaning up.
I was inspired by Theresa over at Boston Dish with a holiday recipe that she posted. She described a Gingerbread Pumpkin Trifle. Now I LOVE trifle and I LOVE all things pumpkin, so this got me interested. I e-mailed the recipe to Big Helen, and she was intrigued as well. Big Helen collected the ingredients (being a good mom, she had most of them on hand including the Trader Joe's Gingerbread Mix) and a la Rachel Ray, I went to work making the trifle. (I used to like to watch Rachel Ray on 30 Minute Meals, and I was always annoyed when she would open the cabinet and everything she needed was right there in the front of the cabinet.)
I was inspired by Theresa over at Boston Dish with a holiday recipe that she posted. She described a Gingerbread Pumpkin Trifle. Now I LOVE trifle and I LOVE all things pumpkin, so this got me interested. I e-mailed the recipe to Big Helen, and she was intrigued as well. Big Helen collected the ingredients (being a good mom, she had most of them on hand including the Trader Joe's Gingerbread Mix) and a la Rachel Ray, I went to work making the trifle. (I used to like to watch Rachel Ray on 30 Minute Meals, and I was always annoyed when she would open the cabinet and everything she needed was right there in the front of the cabinet.)
It was pretty easy, I haven't made pudding since I was a kid (since they invented Instant Pudding and pre-made Pudding cups) and it got a little globby. I think I may have used every spoon in my kitchen but overall, I'm proud of what I was actually able to do.
Please cross your fingers that it tastes good, and I don't somehow kill my family!
Please cross your fingers that it tastes good, and I don't somehow kill my family!
The whole time I was making it too, all I could think of was "Friends". I'm sure you all remember the fabulous Thanksgiving episode where Rachel makes the "Traditional English Trifle", with her layer of lady fingers, layer of jam, more lady fingers, Beef sauteed with onions, and then bananas with whipcream on top. Funny!
Merry Christmas Eve!!!!
3 comments:
Very nice!! I hope it is as delicious as it looks! Mine is chillin in the fridge as I type :-)
nice job martha stuart, well done!
OMG, I loved that Friends episode. Thanks for the laugh. Hope it turned out as yummy as it looked!!!
Post a Comment