Sunday, May 10, 2009

The best laid plans....

A couple weeks ago I was faced with the big question, "what to get my mom for Mother's Day?". My mom really isn't in to stuff- she's got it all and seen it all, and is very happy to have nice cards and promises of fun outings together. My siblings however are always looking to buy elaborate things, so I feel like I needed to step up my game a bit.

In the Macy's circular I saw a beatiful Guess watch. It had a white leather band, and the face was a beautiful paisley. Then the whole face was surrounded by Swarvoski crystals. Now, I have a bit of a watch fetish, and I also adore paisley. I thought Big Helen and I both deserved this watch. Natalie and Mommy, Esq will tell you of my great love a coupons and a bargain, so I headed off to the store with an extra 25 % off pass. Unfortunately, they were sold out. The nice store cleark encouraged me just to order them online, and that I would still be able to use the coupon. I did just that and got both watches for a great price. Many people posted comments about how much the loved this watch! Now, I just hoped they would arrive before the weekend.

Well, they came lickety-split. When I opened the box, I got a little surprise.
They were HUGE!
I mean the faces are two inches wide easily. I look like I should be wearing it, opening the door to my garash mansion and saying, "Welcome to my crib".

I was bummed- the watch was big on me, and my wrists are small, this was going to be massive on my teeny, tiny mother. I hemmed and hawed- do I send it back? do I see if she would like it? I considered just wearing it around her and watching for her reaction. I kind of did just that- and she loves it! It is HUGE on her, but she's excited that I feel that she's stylish. (Well, we're making her more stylish)

Aren't we cute :) and aren't we styling!

5 comments:

Stacey said...

I love that you and big Helen have matching bling. Yes, I have decided that that word is not yet dead. Almost, but not quite...

T. said...

Aww! Such a great photo, and yes, LOVE the bling!!

Mommy, Esq. said...

Heee! Fun Mother/Daugther story. Love the photo.

Gretchen said...

How fantastic - you are both stylin'!

Natalie said...

adorable!