Friday, October 24, 2008

The Real Housewives

Have you seen this delightful series? Oh my...

I have to say, I never watched the original, Real Housewives of Orange County. I don't know why, I just never got into it. Boy did I love last year's Real Housewives of New York City. That Ramona is such a piece of work and the fabulous Jill Zarin. And she always introduces herself as "Jill Zarin".

The Real Housewives of Atlanta, focuses on some lovely ladies, several who have professional athlete husbands (Lisa and Deshawn), one has recently divorced a professional athlete (Sheree), and then two other ladies who are my favorites. NeNe and Kim have been friends for "years". Kim looks like my old hairdresser, as she has a whole lot of blonde hair. She claims to look like Carrie Underwood or Faith Hill. She could be Carrie's mom or something. She made some really strange comment about being "29". There is just no way, it has to have been a joke. I mean she looks good, but not 29 good. The most intriguing thing about her is her mystery Sugar Daddy whom she refes to as "Big Poppa". He is allegedly a "celebrity" who wishes to remain anonymous. Any guesses on who we think he is? Is he married? NeNe is just hilarious, over the top, loud and an all around good time. (Natalie and I would have a field day with her.) NeNe's already clashing with Sheree, always good tv.

Apparently, Bravo is also set to air "The Real Housewives of New Jersey". Seriously.....
Based on what I've heard from Natalie, we could have potential for some really fabulous tv here.
Hopefully they'll all have au pairs and we'll have secret inside into their homes!

***UPDATE- according to Natalie, "Big Poppa" may be Quincy Jones, which seems like a good possibility. I didn't hear them say his initials, but the fact that big producer was willing to work with her without ever hearing her sing makes sense.

3 comments:

Mommy, Esq. said...

I love it too. Baby Nurse thinks that her Big Poppa is the guy she was working with on her "album". Husband was sucked into watching because he was feeding a kid and he agreed that no way did that woman look 29.

Gretchen said...

I LOVED the RH of New York and have only seen one or two episodes of the Atlanta version (the one where the newly divorced one has a fabu birthday party with guest list, etc. It is fantastic.

Natalie said...

she's way old, but here's the scoop i just found about "Poppa": If you’ve been watching “The Real Housewives of Atlanta,” then you know that Kim (she’s the white chick with the extensions that look like they’re made out of Barbie hair) has an extremely wealthy, mystery boyfriend. At first we tried to figure out who it could be, but then realized that was a pointless endeavor. Well, we just heard that Big Poppa is a music executive with the initials Q. J. We’re guessing it’s Quincy Jones. This tidbit of info hasn’t been confirmed, yet, but it totally makes sense. I mean, why else would music producer Dallas Austin work with her, even though he hasn’t heard her sing?