Saturday, January 31, 2009

Belated (canine) Inaugural thoughts

I have a niece and nephew; Clooney and Sabrina. They are "twins" and were two years old in August. (Mommy Esq., I think their birthday might be within a couple days of your set.)


Anyway, they are pretty darn cute, and relatively well-behaved. (I highly recommend goldendoodles, although when a golden retriever is crossed with a black standard poodle, you essentially get ponies.)

The Doodles love tv. (Just like their aunty.) Sabrina especially- she will sit in front of the tv, and wait for someone to turn it on. She will bark if necessary. She has favorites; loves all things HGTV, and according to her mother, my sister-in-law Kim, "she just loves the reveal at the end of any redo show". She hates when TiVo is paused. They also love all dogs, horses, and any animals in general that they spy on tv.


The Goldendoodles also love Barak Obama. No joke. (Their dad was a black poodle:) They also hated Bush (would growl) and soldiers (they are anti-war).



So, like many other Americans, the Doodles are excited about the change in our country.


I was pretty engrossed in the inauguration; watched it at school with the kids, et al. I was intrigued by the Lincoln Bible that was chosen for the swearing in. I was also interested in the relative small size of it. (sorry I was too late to trawl the internet and find a closer picture of it)




When I'm teaching about government, or the election, I often acquait the age requirement for certain positions, to my own age for the kids. (When I first started teaching, I could run for Representative, and now I'm closing in on the presidency....hmm....) I thought of what kind of special bible (or would I even use a bible) I would be sworn in with.

The Family Bible of course- the Sellers actually have a Family Bible. Now I'd like you to imagine a cool January day, maybe many of you would be there, standing behind me, as I'm sworn in using this.....



Can you imagine the Chief Justice holding this sucker as I take the oath?

Happy Sunday- hopefully back to some tv chat soon. If you are interested in LOST info, come on over to 4 8 15 16 23 42.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

u r so funny. love the bible. well, i'm just a big fan of bibles altogether as you know.

Stacey said...

Those dogs are so cute! I commented extensively on your Lost post. We must get a discussion going!

Mommy, Esq. said...

I had no idea you had a family bible - how colonial of you!