then you are a dummy! Oh my, this is fast becoming one of my favorite shows of all time. I revel in being able to laugh out loud, sitting alone in my living room. In fact, I snorted out loud Thursday night.
Alec Baldwin is a genius. His performance as Jack Donaghy is like no other. It was after the first season of the show that he had the infamous leaving of the "Little Pig" message on daughter Ireland's machine. I remember after that he said he was going to ask to be let out of his NBC contract, and they said "no way". Now I understand why. He really is a comic genius.
Tina Fey might be an even bigger genius. She plays Liz Lemon the head writer of an SNL type show owned by GE. (Hmmm....it is kind of stretch for her. I wonder where she got the idea for it.) I have been loving Tina Fey for many years now (way before the hilarity of Sarah Palin) as Nat was always a big fan of having us watch SNL. (We could not get enough of Tina and Amy Poehler, coming soon to NBC in a new sitcom, "Parks and Recreation".) Kenneth the page may steal the show, and last night's nod to "Cyrano de Bergerac" with him romancing a blind girl through Tracy Morgan was ridiculous.
Oh, Tracy Morgan. I wouldn't always say I'm his hugest fan, probably because of a personal connection through a friend, and the dirty things that he said to her. But, he is damn funny.
If you need proof in how funny this show is look no further than the Golden Globes that it recently swept for comedy awards or the Screen Actor's Guild awards.
I don't believe I saw any of the first season, but I've heard it has gotten progressively better since then . (Nat- you've been watching it from the beginning and we would welcome your thoughts here in the comments section)
Here's last night's episode- One ridiculous line after another.....
http://www.imdb.com/rg/VIDEO_PLAY/LINK//video/hulu/vi4112843545/
Just scroll to minute 14 for my favorite part of the whole hillarious episode- it is currently my status update on Facebook, and I know that JoEllen and Theresa both enjoyed it!
2 comments:
Yes. 30 Rock is probably my favorite show. You pretty much said it all. Alex Baldwin = genius. Tina Fey - I have a bit of a girl crush, have for a long time. I laugh everytime I even see Kenneth. The humor is just so smart, and some of it is sooo politically incorrect and outrageous - I love that.
I am so surprised how FEW people watch the show though - why is that? I've been watching since the beginning and can't talk to anyone besides Rob about it!
I've been watching since the beginning and LOVE it! It has always been good, but this season has ramped the awesome factor up a little more for me.
I'm a sucker for a good sitcom (all this reality TV stuff is really cramping my TV watching style), but pickings have been slim over the last several years. The Office and 30 Rock (and HIMYM, though it has gotten less funny this year) renew my faith in the sitcom genre.
Post a Comment