Sunday, November 15, 2009

A day late, and a dollar short

It's November 15th..................how? I know I JUST had a conversation with someone about how we couldn't believe it was the end of October, Halloween et al. I'm always jealous when I see people posting about NaBloMo. Participating just isn't going to happen in November because it's when I'm doing the first report card of the year, and my life becomes consumed by them. It was reassuring when talking to some other teacher friends and they agreed they they have come to dislike November as well. Feels like an elephant standing on my chest. Add to that H1N1 and regular Flu running through my school, and it's like stress central.


Inspired by Gretchen, I thought I would share some pumpkin pictures. I haven't carved a pumpkin in a long time because I'm actually never home when trick-or-treaters come by and it's nice to have a pumpkin last to Thanksgiving. I love decorating my little deck for fall. I especially love white pumpkins- so cool (so much more expensive). I bought a nice traditional orange pumpkin and a cute little white pumpkin. I ended up buying the same combo for school. I think I have previously discussed on this blog my affection for Snoopy. Walgreen's often has some pretty cute holiday Peanuts stuff. I was very excited to find this wooded pieces that you could stick into a pumpkin to decorate. We were also asked to have the class decorate a pumpkin for a evening Halloween party that the PTO was hosting. I decided to take a little white pumpkin and turn it into Snoopy-while each kid created little Woodstocks out of puff balls (sorry, no pictures of those) A little black sharpie, a little black felt, and a hot glue gun and I was pretty proud of myself.









I wonder how long they will sit on my deck......it's practically time to put up some lights!


Sigh...............................

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Time is definitely flying! The pumpkins look great. BTW, I just watched Dr. Horrible on Hulu and it was awesome. Check it out if you haven't seen it yet.

A. said...

Love the pumpkins!

Saw a ticker at Target last night informing me that Christmas is only 41 days away. I guess 40, now. Yikes! Where has the year gone!!??

Waggett-Palmtag Family said...

Great Snoopy! What's NaBloMo?