Saturday, October 18, 2008

No new 9-0 this week, so what am I watching?

It was a really busy week.....and I have to say it didn't seem to be a great tv week. No new 9-0, no new ANTM ( a clip show already Tyra), and kind of anti-climactic Project Runway finale ( For the record, I really like Korto, but she kind of tanked the last few episodes- nerves. Leann deserved to win and I would wear her clothes.)

I thought I might mention a new show that I've been watching; The Ex-List, Friday nights at 9 on CBS. Friday nights are a tough night for tv. I have fallen in love with a bunch of shows that have died Friday night deaths (Joan of Arcadia, Miss Match and others). With TiVo and DVR, Friday night shows seem to have a better shot because people may not necessarily be home to watch them, but they may instead be recording them. (I don't know who I'm kidding, I'm so tired on a Friday night, that I'm usually home.)

The Ex-List stars Elizabeth Reaser as "Bella Bloom". Bella has recently broken up with her (hot) boyfriend because he doesn't want to get married. They share custody of their dog, so we get to see him a lot which is nice. For her sister's bachelorette party, the girls go to a psychic. The psychic tells Bella if she's ever going to marry it needs to be within the year, and that she has already met/dated this person. Bella finds herself looking for "signs", and strange coincidental things pop up that bring her back to old boyfriends.

It's a cute show, so far. You'll recognize Elizabeth Reaser as the chick from "Grey's Anatomy" who was the Jane Doe that Alex fell in love with. Her sister is played by Rachel Boston who you may remember from the 60's themed show, American Dreams. (a Sunday night show that I know my mother and I, and Monica and her grandmother used to love to watch and discuss.) She played Beth, the older brother's wife. I barely recognized her- she looks a little Hollywood thin now.

Anyone else found anything new to watch?

4 comments:

T. said...

I loved American Dreams, such a great show.

Monica Marino said...

I want American Dreams to come back! I hated the ending. I guess the 60's shows just vanish- anyone else still suffering over the loss of Rags to Riches?

Stacey said...

I totally love the Ex-List and have added it to my Season Pass (or as DirectTV calls it, my Priority List). The banter between friends and the siblings is very believable. A little less believable is the number of guys that she's dated. And they run the full spectrum. Personally I always had a "type" so her choice of past boyfriends is a bit odd for me. But she's great in it and I'm very happy she is no longer "Crush" on Grey's Anatomy.

Gretchen said...

Big Ex-List fan already - I've definitely started recording that but unfortunately missed the first episode. Guess I need to track that down.