Sunday night saw the premiere of one of my favorite shows; The Amazing Race. Now I know, it isn't for everyone- Stacey. I happen to love this great adventure. Years ago, I did watch "Survivor". To me Survivor pales in comparison to this. I've even converted my father over (well he still watches Survivor, but he loves TAR too) On Survivor, the contestants sit around whining about how hungry they are on the beach, or jungle, etc. On TAR, I get to see all sorts of amazing places around the globe. I have a running list of places I must see someday; and a running list of places I NEVER want to see (i.e. India, Vietnam)
This new season seems like it won't disappoint. I was able to watch it with two school friends who also love it because we had Monday off in honor of the day of Atonement. Twelve teams started the race in L.A. Don't you know one of the teams is from Salem, MA. Lance and Keri seem like real winners, not. Giving MASS a good name! He's a meat head who keeps flexing his muscles, and talking about being a trial attorney. (My guess would be closer to personal injury.) These two barely make it out of the very first challenge against Eric and Lisa, the married yoga instructors. They may have been good laughs- too bad they didn't look at the clue carefully. Garrett and Jessica are a pair who fall into my favorite category- on and off dating- they're here on the race to see if they should "stay together". Great....always works out well. There were lots of "Christian" couples- like Canaan and Mika. No good gays, or transvestites to counterbalance them.
As a teacher, I was intrigued by Zev and Justin. They are best friends and Zev happens to have Aspberger's Syndrome. I've dealt with a lot of kids wtih Aspberger's. It is considered to be higher functioning Autism- and you see it come in to play with social cues and social interaction. This race might be really interesting for Zev. The best part of the episode was when in the "roadblock" when one team member had to direct a flock of ducks from one pen to another. Zev did it with total ease- thus he was "the Duck Whisperer".
I think they're who I'm rooting for!
1 comment:
I accidentally caught the first episode and may be hooked this year. I'd watched a few episodes here and there last seasons, but never from the start. I like the Miss America couple too.
Post a Comment